Browse through some of the larger projects I've worked on
• Created a lightweight web application which aggregates popular news articles from the web and presented concise summaries in a minimalist user interface. Took extreme consideration of user experience and built a decoupled API server to work with any platform. • Used machine learning algorithms like K-Nearest Neighbors, TF-IDF values to generate summaries for the news articles. Widely appreciated on HackerNews and Reddit, handled 10K users within days of launching.
• Developed a distributed 3-tier application using REST architecture to offer all functions of Airbnb for renting
homes. Implemented a dynamic pricing algorithm for user properties.
• Achieved high performance while supporting 10,000 hosts, 10,000 users and 100,000 billing records. Implemented analytics and visualization modules for users, hosts and administrators.
Russian Housing Market Price Prediction
• Participated in a Kaggle challenge to predict housing prices using a Russian housing market dataset along
with a macro-economic dataset.
• Implemented and tested various regression models with a data pre-processing pipeline and cross validated tests using RMSLE as the evaluation metric.
• Presented the project and results in the Web and Data Mining class.
• Built a 2D multiplayer game meant for kids learning computer science concepts as a csunplugged.org activity.
• Presented the game at an elementary school and was judged as a featured project out of 25 other class projects. Used agile methodology and implemented software design patterns for code modularity and reusability.